1. You can't listen to someone when they're yelling at you.
2. You can't listen to someone when they're interrupting you.
3. Listening goes both ways--to want to listen you need to feel listened to.
4. Looking away from someone probably means you're not listening, but closing your eyes probable means you are.
5. I'm probably not going to want to listen to you if it looks like you're just waiting for me to stop talking.
6. Talk quickly and I listen less.
7. Talk slowly and I listen more.
8. If we walk while we talk, I'll probably listen more.
9. Criticism can be listened to if done in a kind tone.
10. Loving words can be listened to if they are genuine.