Here I am with Mr. Pickett at the Revenue Rockstar event last spring. I learned a great deal, but most importantly that the sales funnel is much more complex than most people realize, and that list segmentation is key for effective sales results.
Jon, author of the blog, refers to real-life case studies and Marketo benchmarks to show how to demonstrably improve marketing campaign results and revenue performance. He also covers how to use marketing automation effectively to optimize marketing efficacy, and how to measure results to prove the value of marketing programs.
Learn the top 10 strategies and techniques that increase the quality and volume of leads and drive revenue:
- Embrace being a publisher
- Not just any kind of content will do - think about the right kind of content
- Map development to strategy
- Content rules: like bumpers on a bowling lane
- Reimagine your content assets
- Wings are as important as roots
- Grow revenue by making sales more productive, not just by hiring more reps
- 80% of prospects are NOT ready to engage with sales
- Demographic fit + buying intent = a hot lead
- Use forecasting to turn marketing from a cost center into a revenue driver
So enjoy, and please post in the comments your take on this, or your Marketo experience if you've had one, as well as any content marketing tips!