I got inspired to create a video about my home office, when I realized it really took some time to "get it right," but that it's really worth it in the end to create a comfortable, efficient space. Here are some tips:
- Keep all the office supplies you need handy, so you can easily reach for them. That means items like pens, paper, calendar, envelopes, stamps, to do list, agenda book, etc.
- Some everyday items make great desk accessories...I use a strawberry container as a business card holder, a holder for receipts, and a container for small items like post its and gluesticks
- Keep a small music collection handy to help your creativity...my latest picks -- "The Best of the Mamas and the Papas" and Suzanne Vega, "Beauty and Crime"
- Don't be shy about adding objects that bring you comic relief, such as funky pens, etc.
- Post motivational items, such as symbols of past achievements, such as awards. For me, it's writing awards I have received, and special publications, like when my short story was published in Redbook